From the breeze of wind that initiates the rotation of a windmill to the puff of medication from the nozzle of an inhaler, fluid flow is an essential aspect of our daily life. The flow of gases and liquids have a major impact on the functionality and longevity of a product. This makes Computational Fluid Dynamics Analysis (CFD) increasingly important during the design process. With Flow Simulation, Simcenter™ 3D offers a powerful environment for both mapping the flow behavior and optimizing it, for better and more efficient products that last longer.
Links to thermal
The advantages ofFlow Simulation
- Get more insight into how a flow is created
- Save significantly on prototypes and physical test times
- Link Flow Simulation to a thermal or structural calculation for a more accurate representation of reality
Flow Simulation fluid modeling
Simcenter™ 3D Advanced Fluid Modeling gives you the ability to quickly create fluid volumes from complex CAD geometry. Think, for example, of the air volume in a car or within the housing of an electronic device. Thanks to this surface wrapping technology, you save a lot of time in setting up the simulation models. The boundary layer techniques then ensure that you can accurately calculate the flow along the wall.
Reliable and robust solver technology
The Simcenter™ 3D flow solvers allow you to quickly visualize and analyze the characteristics of the flow. Thanks to the versatility of the finite element method and the robust solvers, you are able to calculate different flow situations: steady state or transient, laminar or turbulent and internal or external flow. Simcenter™ 3D Flow Simulation quickly gives you the insight you need to develop products faster and smarter.
cards PLM Solutions: driven by digitalization
- Start from the core: in our opinion, a thorough intake process does not mean a one-size-fits-all. We take the time to really get to know you.
- Partnership: we continue to challenge you on the content. Whether it concerns a strategic, tactical or operational issue.
- Personal approach: every partner gets its own team of specialists from day one. They do everything to get the most out of your process.
Discover the power of Simcenter™ 3D the 3D CAE simulation platform from Siemens.
Request the free 30-day trial!
Our free trial version contains everything you need to run CAE projects instantly. In addition, this also includes an extensive NX CAD integration, which offers you the possibility to make direct adjustments to the design for, for example, What If analyses.